Topic: Site Visit to Major Construction Projects in Guangzhou , PRC
||26 April 2008 (Sat)
||8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (8 CPD hours)
|| Guangzhou PRC
Place : 1. Taikoo Hui (太古?) in Tianhe District
2. Zhujiang Xincheng West Tower (珠江新城西塔)
3. Guangzhou New TV Tower (?州新??)
Assembly : 08:00 am at Hung Hum Railway Station
(i) Through Train from Hong Kong to Guangzhou;
(ii) 10:30am – 12:00 noon Taikoo Hui site visit;
(iii) 12:00 noon – 1:00pm lunch;
(iv) 1:15pm – 3:15pm West Tower site visit;
(v) 3:30pm – 5:30pm Guangzhou TV Tower site visit;
(vi) 5:45pm – 6:45pm Rest
(vii) Arrive Tianhe East Railway Station before 6:45pm
(viii) Through Train (7:11pm) from Guangzhou estimated to arrive Hong
Kong,Hunghom at 8:53pm
All participants are reminded to bring along with them a valid entry permit / visa for entering the PRC.
All participants shall wear their own safety shoes to attend the site visit.
Background of sites:
1. Taikoo Hui (太古?) is a prestigious composite commercial development of Swire Properties Ltd.
located at the heart of Tianhe in Guangzhou. The site area is roughly 45,000 m2 and the total
construction floor area is around 450,000 m2. The development comprises basically 4 levels of
basement, 4 levels of podium with 4 towers built on top. The Retail portion is situated in the 2
upper levels of basement and the podium. On top of the podium, there are four towers including
1 office tower, 1 hotel, 1 office and hotel complex and a cultural centre. Target completion of the
project is in 2010. At present, bulk basement excavation and lateral support works are being
carried out at site.
2. Zhujiang Xincheng West Tower (珠江新城西塔) is a mixed commercial development of ?州越秀城建??金融中心有限公司 consisting of office, hotel and retail. The total construction floor
area is about 450,000 m2. The main tower is of 103 storey and 432 m high. Target completion of
the project is end 2009.
3. Guangzhou New TV Tower (?州新??塔) is developed by ?州新??塔建?有限公司. The site
area is 176,000 m2 and the total construction floor area is 99,946 m2. The total height of the
building is 610 m (454 m for Main Tower plus 156 m transmission rod) which will be the tallest
tower of its kind in the world when completed. Target completion of the project is September
Registration & Enquiry
The registration fee is as follows:
1. The registration fee is : member HK$ 600.00 and
non-member HK$ 800.00
1.1 Lunch and transportation fees (both Through Train and local transportation) are included.
1.2 Travel Insurance is included in the package fee.
Maximum number of participants for the event is restricted to 35. In the event of oversubscription,
priority will be given to the members of HKIE & HKIPM and/or by balloting,
2. In the event that the black rain-storm or typhoon signal no. 8 is hoisted, the site visit will be
postponed. No refund will be entertained except in these circumstances..
3. Send your cheque together the Registration Form to the address below. The closing date for this
CPD registration is fixed at 11 April 2008.
Hong Kong Institute of Project Management
11/F, AXA Centre
151 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
4. Cheques shall be crossed and made payable to the “Hong Kong Institute of Project
5. For enquiry, please contact HKIPM on 2801-9765, or through email to Mr. Francis Chan (Mobile
9461 7291) at email@example.com or Mr. Samuel HO (Mobile 9433 8893) at
Disclaimer: The HKIE and HKIPM have taken out travel insurance for the participants on their behalf, a copy of the insurance
is now being kept in HKIE office for the participants’ inspection. Should any participant consider the insurance coverage
insufficient, they are advised to take up top-up insurance at their own expenses. In any event, HKIE and HKIPM are not
responsible for any personal accident or virus infection arising from this event.
Download Registration Form