HKIPM aims to:
1. Provide continuous support to project management practitioners in Hong Kong, Macau and China.
2. Enhance the professional knowledge and competence of project management practitioners in response to market challenges.
3. Establish an open forum facilitating dialogue and information exchange among members of HKIPM and Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) in Hong Kong, Macau and China.
4. Organize continuous professional development programs, courses and seminars addressing new issues and topics in response to rapidly changing management systems.
5. Collaborate with local and overseas universities, for example, the University of South Australia, the Hong Kong Baptist University and the HK Polytechnic University, to develop high-quality project management programs.
6. Develop networks and reciprocal status with related professional institutes.
7. Maintain representation in the Asia Pacific Federation for Project Management (APFPM).
8. Promote and develop the professional status of project management across different disciplines and gain recognition for professional excellence.
9. Provide the region with up-to-date accurate information about project management.